Why your orchestra should have a Google account
If you set up a designated Google account for your orchestra, you will have access to a bunch of useful and free tools beyond a simple e-mail account.
- Use Google Voice to obtain a free phone number.
- Use Google Calendar to show your rehearsal and concert schedule, track administrative deadlines, etc. Your members can add the orchestra's calendar to their own Google calendar, and you can embed the calendar on your website.
- Use Google Drive to manage and share documents
- Use Google Drive forms for member sign-ups and polls
- Create YouTube playlists of study recordings for your musicians and post videos of your own concerts. You can embed these on your website.
Additionally, Google offers special features for nonprofits that your organization might find valuable.